Writer2xhtml enables you to publish your Writer documents to EPUB and HTML5. It provides an alternative to the built in filters in LibreOffice with focus on quality and flexibility.
latest release: 2022-07-06 19:10:30
Writer2xhtml provides a set of export filters for LibreOffice. Installing Writer2xhtml enables you to
- Create electronic books in EPUB 2 and EPUB 3 format from Writer
- Create HTML5 and XHTML documents for the web from Writer and Calc, including support for SVG and MathML
Writer2xhtml gives you extensive control over the export: You can configure several aspects in the export dialog. Advanced users can map the styles in the document to their own style sheet.
Furthermore, Writer2xhtml adds a toolbar to Writer, which enables you to convert the document and view the result in your web browser or EPUB reader immediately.
For information about other features, documentation, source code and development releases see http://writer2latex.sourceforge.net/writer2xhtml.html
Writer2xhtml requires Java to run. Trouble installing Writer2xhtml? Please have a look at the installation FAQ
If you are interested in this extension, you may also be interested in the companion Writer2LaTeX.
News in this release:
- Reworked export dialogs supporting additional options
- Added help button to configuration dialogs (workaround to avoid the online help)
- New option original_page_numbers to export original page numbers to EPUB
- New option units, which adds support for rem units
- Added support for image bullets
- Improved table support (borders, column widths)
- Fix some minor issues to ensure valid HTML5 documents
- Fix bug with charts in spreadsheets
- Fix bug with documents containing two identical images
- Improvement: Export of list formatting is now using modern CSS features like counters.
- Bugfix: Fix crash in Calc export when last row/column in view is hidden
- Improvement: No longer uses deprecated Java constructions
- Improvement: Pretty printing of HTML now works better with spreadsheets.
- Bugfix: TeXMaths equations are now exported correctly if MathJax is used.
- Bugfix: The converter now always uses the current page layout when calculating relative widths. Previously the first
page layout in the document was used, which caused miscalculations if page layout changes in the document.Download 1.6.1 This release fixes a few bugs in 1.6, improves support for indexes in HTML and EPUB export and adds a new EPUB 2 compatibility option for EPUB 3 export. 5.0 Linux, Windows, macOS LGPL
This is a minor upgrade to Writer2xhtml 1.6. This release fixes a few bugs in 1.6, improves support for indexes in HTML and EPUB export and adds a new EPUB 2 compatibility option for EPUB 3 export.Download 1.6 This release adds a toolbar for easy export to HTML and EPUB.Also EPUB3 is now supported. 5.0 Linux, Windows, macOS LGPL
- New toolbar to directly export to XHTML or EPUB
- Support for EPUB 3