yw-cnv - Import and export yWriter 7 projects
Tags: Calc Macro Writer
last edited: 2022-08-23
Generate different types of ODT and ODS documents from a yWriter 7 project and vice versa.
yWriter is a free word processor written by Australian author and programmer Simon Haynes. yWriter's strengths are structuring novels and controlling the progress during the writing process. With this extension you can combine the advantages of yWriter 7 with the advantages of LibreOffice.
- Generate a "standard manuscript" formatted ODF text document (ODT) from a yWriter 7 project.
- Load yWriter 7 chapters and scenes into an OpenDocument file with chapter and scene markers for proof reading and writing back.
- Generate a character list that can be edited in Office Calc and written back to yWriter format.
- Generate a location list that can be edited in Office Calc and written back to yWriter format.
- Generate an item list that can be edited in Office Calc and written back to yWriter format.
- Generate an OpenDocument text file containing navigable cross references, such as scenes per character, characters per tag, etc.
- Generate a new yWriter 7 project from a work in progress or an outline.
More information and a link to download the current version can be found on the project homepage.