Tags: Extensions Writer
last edited: 2023-01-24
Writer2LaTeX is a LaTeX/BibTeX export filter and front end for Writer
Writer2LaTeX provides Writer export filters for LaTeX/BibTeX
This enables you to typeset your Writer documents with LaTeX, which does a better job typesetting text,in particular text with formulas. Writer2LaTeX gives you extensive control over the export of formatting. It can convert your document with as much formatting as possible preserved, or you can completely control the LaTeX code generated for each style in the source document – or even remove all formatting.
Furthermore, Writer2LaTeX makes Writer act as a frontend for LaTeX. This feature integrates Writer with your LaTeX installation, and lets you invoke LaTeX and view the resulting file directly from the provided toolbar.
Writer2LaTeX also enables you to use BibTeX as bibliographic database in Writer (this feature can be used independently of the LaTeX export).
For information about other features, documentation, source code and development releases see http://writer2latex.sourceforge.net
Writer2LaTeX requires Java to run. Trouble installing Writer2LaTeX? Please have a look at the installation FAQ
If you are interested in this extension, you may also be interested in the companion Writer2xhtml
- Release Description Compatibility Operating Systems License Release notes
This release fixes a bug with the string replace feature
Linux, Windows, macOS
This is a minor update to version 1.6, fixing a bug with the string replace feature.Download
The new release: Adds a toolbar for easy acces to LaTeX export, logfiles, BibTeX files and configuration. Adds a feature to insert bibliographic citations directly from a BibTeX file. Adds font selection to the export dialog
Linux, Windows, macOS
News in version 1.6
- New toolbar replacing the previous separate extension Writer4LaTeXDownload
- New feature to insert bibliographic references in Writer directly from BibTeX files
- The log viewer dialog now features an option to display error messages only
- WMF and EMF images are now exported to PDF
- Basic support for Hebrew (XeTeX backend only)
- Export bibliography using a thebibliography environment if use_bibtex is false
- Adapt to the new color scheme in StarMath introduced with LO 4.4/AOO 4.2
- New option old_math_colors to select the old StarMath color scheme
- New option font to select a predefined font scheme
- New option bibtex_encoding to select the encoding for external BibTeX files
- 1.4 This release adds support for TexMaths equations, various improvements to formula export, and reduced memory usage. 4.1 LGPL Download
- 1.2.1 This version is compatible with LibreOffice 4.x 4.0 LGPL This release is compatible with LibreOffice 4.x and fixes a few bugs in Writer2LaTeX 1.2 beta Download
- 1.0.2 This is the stable version as of may 2010 3.3 LGPL Download
Mark Dec 7, 2020, 8:40 PM (2 years ago)
Great extension, works like a charm. Thank you! :-)
Uffe Jakobsen Oct 21, 2020, 6:01 AM (2 years ago)
Works well with equations and tables. It supports what i need when converting to latex.
I have no need for command line support.
Niels Seidel Aug 21, 2020, 3:41 PM (3 years ago)
In LibreOffice w2l can be used from the GUI but not from the terminal. Bug reports are difficult since one need to write a mail to some gmail account. What could we do push and support things here?