VRT Network Equipment Gallery
last edited: 2022-08-23
This extension provides galleries of network equipment shapes for LibreOffice, designed in a similar style to those offered by Microsoft Visio®.
Provides a gallery of networking equipment shapes in isometric form for creating network diagrams.
VRT Systems are in the business of industrial automation, energy management and systems integration, so our need for network equipment is a little more diverse than a traditional IT company. We use the ODG format for creating system diagrams and since we couldn't find any suitable collections of consistently-styled equipment shapes that suited our needs, we created our own.
The gallery includes logical and physical network shapes (hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, wireless AP etc.) as well as their industrial equivalents, including fibre-optic (FOBOTS, Fibre/Ethernet converters) mobile (industrial cellular modems and data loggers). Standard desktop and laptop PCs, tablets and smartphones and a range of equipment you might find in a data centre. There are also a wide range of shapes from our traditional areas of business, including PLC, DCS and RTU controllers, remote I/O, energy meters and power quality analysers, as well as bits and pieces from solar PV and alternative power systems that might be useful. We also work with Advanced Visualisation systems (virtual reality, augmented reality) that blend data feeds in real-time (video, laser scanners, telemetry) and these often contain large format displays, projectors or video walls.
The shapes are styled along the lines of the symbols supplied with Microsoft Visio®. They are all isometric shapes built on a 1.732:1 grid and have been constructed so that they can be scaled up or down, and then have the line width changed without breaking their appearance.
For a detailed list of gallery contents and a sample of all the shapes, see www.vrt.com.au/downloads/vrt-network-equipment.
We add equipment as our need arises, but would consider adding more on request.
- Release Description Compatibility Operating Systems License Release notes
- 1.2.0 New theme gallery folders, lots of new shapes 3.3 CC-BY * Reorganised theme folders, added visualisation/display systems. * Lots of new shapes (now 210+) - logical networking symbols, left & right-facing variants of client (desktop, laptop, peripherals etc.) * Added descriptions in a few additional languages (Google translate only) Download
- 1.1.1 Bugfix for OO, new symbols, templates. 3.5 CC-BY Download
- 1.1.0 Added lots more shapes (dark variant of almost all shapes, plus logical networking symbols) and reorganised (new gallery themes for Industrial Automation and Energy Managment) 4.0 CC-BY Download
- 1.0.6 New shapes 3.3 CC-BY Added USB Key shapes in various orientations. Download
- 1.0.5 New shapes, minor improvements to consistency of existing shapes. 3.3 CC-BY * Minor tweaks to improve visual consistency (same line width, black outline on all shapes) * New devices (NAS, WiFi router, Datalogger, Communications Dish) * New server role (Directory Server). Download
- 1.0.4 Initial release to extensions.libreoffice.org 3.6 CC-BY Download