Tags: Language Tools Templates Writer
LibreOffice plugin for translating whole documents, which retains some formatting.
By default translates the whole document (paragraph-wise) at once.
Beware that this is a slow process → depending on document size!
All textual content gets piped through the remote Google Translate service. Still supports the text-selection and partial translation mode from the original TradutorLibreText plugin, but doesn't impose the length limitation anymore. While it retains some paragraph/table formatting, not all inline styles are preserved (would be too slow).
- Additionally works on Draw and Impress documents, but just handles basic TextShapes.
- The default toolbar button
[T→????????]translates to English.
[????]uses the system language.
- Additional menu options (in Tools > PageTranslate) are available.
Project repository: https://fossil.include-once.org/pagetranslate/
Status: still beta
(Btw, I'm considering adding a DeepL translation mode as alternative to Google Translate, if there's any user interest.)
- Release Description Compatibility Operating Systems License Release notes
Text selection enabled in Writer. Draw and Impress supported. New menu entries, and toolbar icons.
Linux, Windows, macOS
Text selection mode has been reenabled for Writer documents.Download
Now supports Draw/Impress documents as well (just rewrites Text shapes though).
More menu entries for other target languages, as well as a secondary toolbar button was added.
Toolbar icons finally seem to be honored.
- 0.7 reenable Tradutor/selection mode 5.0 Linux, Windows, macOS LGPL Download