Simple Book Template
Tags: Drawings Templates
last edited: 2022-11-23
This template is suitable for a simple book without much formatting, a novel for example.
This template is suitable for a simple book without much formatting, a novel for example. It created for a specific use-case: my own book that I work on. It’s not yet perfect, but it suits me well. Most likely you will need to adjust a number of things so that it fits your purpose. Nevertheless, I hope it spares your time by giving you a nice base to work from.
This template uses several styles. The page styles are:
- Default style – for text, with numbering at footer
- Special page (no numbering) – for preface pages and pager with pictures or chapter title
You can modify the style of individual page, as well as the way the page get its number, by inserting a manual page break and editing the style of the following page in its properties (hover and click the blue dashed line between pages).
The paragraph styles include:
- Text body – the root style for text, I don’t use this, only its children that include the following:
- Predsadenie prvého riadku – serves only in the case of the first row of the first paragraph after a title, this first paragraph is without indent.
- Odsadenie tela textu – serves for the rest of the paragraphs.
(I apologize that not all the style names are translated to English – in some cases I just wasn’t able to do it for a reason unknown to me.)
The book template uses the PT font family, namely the PT Serif font – it’s a good quality free font with very wide international character support. You can download the fonts from Paratype, the official website.