Khmer Spellchecker (SBBIC Version)
An extension for LibreOffice to include a Khmer spelling checker.
An extension for LibreOffice to include a Khmer spelling checker. Based on the word-lists of KhmerOS and SBBIC. Allows for Khmer numbers as well as the inclusion of ទី before numbers. No longer will Khmer numbers be viewed as misspelled words. We also included some better coding to make the checker better at giving you a correct spelling for a misspelled word. Also, now the ៗ character will no longer cause words to be misspelled. In this release we added more Khmer proper names as well as additional number and date combinations. Thank you to all the volunteers who made this possible! TO USE THE HYPHENATION DICTIONARY please read the instructions at: http://www.sbbic.org/2015/10/23/khmer-hyphenation-dictionary/ To display the suggestions correctly you have to change the display font of OpenOffice.org to a font that supports Khmer Unicode. To change 1. Tools --> Options --> LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org --> Fonts --> select apply replacement table --> In the "Font" drop down list type "Andale Sans UI" --> Select a desired Khmer Unicode font such as "Khmer SBBIC System" from the "Replace With" drop down list --> conform by clicking on the green correct mark --> When the new entry is added to the table below select "Always" check box. If that doesn't work try replacing "Segoe UI" with "Khmer SBBIC System" and it should work. 2. Tools --> Option --> LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org --> View --> uncheck the "use system font for user interface" check box. In the latest versions of LibreOffice this step is no longer needed If after installing the spell checker it does not work then you need disable all the other spell checkers used in LibreOffice/Open Office. To do this Tools --> Options --> Language Settings --> Writing Aids --> Uncheck all the other dictionaries in the "Available Language Modules" list and uncheck all except "standard" and "IgnoreAllList[All]" in the "User Defined Dictionaries" list. Please help us improve this Khmer spelling checker by sending us new words and any errors that you encounter or features that you think would help by commenting below. Thank you!
- Release Description Compatibility Operating Systems License Release notes
- 1.82 Added new Khmer Hyphenation Dictionary 5.0 Download
- 1.81 Corrected some words and added new words as well as improved the suggestion code. 5.0 Download
- 1.8 Fixed compatibility issue with LibreOffice 3.3 Download
- 1.7 Added new words and removed some. 3.3 Download
- 1.6 Added additional words for a total of 76,882 3.3 Download
- 1.5 Added some new words, also added image to extension. 3.3 SBBIC SPELLING CHECKER FOR OPENOFFICE Version 1.5 Author: SBBIC This spellchecker for OpenOffice was based on the Chuon Nath and Headley dictionaries as well as KhmerOS's and SBBIC's spelling wordlists It follows Choun Nath's Dictionary spelling in most cases. Project site: http://www.sbbic.org This spellchecker is released with GPLv3 license Visit http://www.gnu.org/licenses/ for more information Download