Developed by the hunspell-is project
This project aims to provide and maintain an Icelandic Hunspell spelling dictionary. It's based on two sources: The wordlist was developed by Orðabók Háskólans in cooperation with Reiknistofnun Háskóla Íslands in the early nineties and was released into the public domain. The declension rules and the thesaurus is derived from the Icelandic Wiktionary Project, http://is.wiktionary.org. Hunspell-is provides scripts to merge the sources. The wordlist will continue to be static (maintainers are welcome to step forward) except for removal of non-words. All new entries are added from Wiktionary.
- Release Description Compatibility Operating Systems License Release notes
* No more manual .aff rule creation. A total of 333 inflection rules are automatically extracted from wikitemplates, along with words using them.
* The dictionary forms of extracted words are PoS tagged and inflected forms are grammatically tagge 3.3 CC-BY The core of hunspell-is has been rewritten. * No more manual .aff rule creation. A total of 333 inflection rules are automatically extracted from wikitemplates, along with words using them. * The dictionary forms of extracted words are PoS tagged and inflected forms are grammatically tagged. Download
- 2013.05.11 Updates from Wiktionary 3.3 CC-BY Download
- 2013.01.13 Updates from Wiktionary 3.3 CC-BY Download
- 2012.09.01 This release adds a thesaurus from the Icelandic Wiktionary. 3.3 CC-BY Download
Second release with more words from Wiktionary.
Words in the wordlist: 220903 (-37)Download
Entries added from Wiktionary: 9222 (+3550)
Line count after merging sources: 201850 (-1989)
First release using data from the Icelandic Wiktionary project.
Statistics: Words in the wordlist: 220940 Entries added from Wiktionary: 5672 Line count after merging sources: 203840Download