BaseDocumenter, to document your Base applications
Tags: Base Extensions
last edited: 2022-11-23
BaseDocumenter is a software tool producing a full documentation of a LibreOffice Base application.
The documentation produced by BaseDocumenter is bundled as one set of static HTML pages.
The layout of the produced HTML pages is highly customizable.
The documentation describes in detail all the items (tables, queries, Basic procedures, ...) being part of the Base application.
Additionally it identifies all the dependencies between items. E.g. a query might use one or more tables. Knowing exhaustively which items are used by other items is invaluable for the developer of the application. This knowledge allows for example a detailed impact analysis of design changes.
Dependencies are of 2 types:
- parent/child: e.g. a field is the child of a table.
- uses/used by: e.g. a query uses a table or a table is used by a query. In BaseDocumenter, such dependencies are very simply revealed by the use of hyperlinks. Clicking on one of them makes the browser jump to the description of the linked item.
The software includes also
- a Basic parser to identify a.o. which procedures are called by which ones
- a SQL beautifier to make simple or complex SQL statements much more readable
Full documentation of the software HERE.
The recommended release is LibreOffice 6.2 or later, including up to 7.2.
Before installing the extension, rename the downloaded file from basedocumenter.oxt to BaseDocumenter.oxt. Then proceed as usual.
Additional documentation: http://www.access2base.com/basedocumenter
- Release Description Compatibility Operating Systems License Release notes
- 0.6.0 Show 1-N relationships between tables. List secundary indexes and involved fields. 6.0 Linux, Windows, macOS MPL Download
- 0.5.1 Fix error when 'Collect data statistics' deselected 6.0 Linux, Windows, macOS MPL Download
First public release.
Minimal requirement: LibreOffice 6.0, recommended: LibreOffice 6.1 6.0 Linux, Windows, macOS MPL Download