Tags: Draw Extensions
Rating: ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Barcode is a simple extension for creating UPC-A, EAN-13, ISBN, JAN, Bookland Standard 2of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, Code128 barcodes in LibreOffice Draw.
Barcode started out as an EuroOffice Extension Creator example and evolved into a practically useful tool. It currently supports the following barcode types:
- UPC-A (the most common barcode in the US)
- UPC-E (the short form of UPC-A)
- EAN-13 (the most common barcode in Europe)
- EAN-8 (the short form of EAN-13)
- JAN (the barcode used in Japan, basically EAN-13 with the country code for Japan)
- ISBN-13 (the barcode used in books after 2007, basically EAN-13 with a superscript)
- ISBN-10 (the barcode used in books before 2007, basically EAN-13 with a different superscript)
- Standard and interleaved 2 of 5 (a simple barcode used in custom solutions, for example on film reels)
- Code 128 (high-density barcode that can encode data of arbitrary length, commonly used in shipping and packaging)
For all of these codes checksum calculation is also supported, ISBN numbers are correctly hyphenated and the generated Code 128 codes are the shortest possible.
The extension is localized to these languages:
- Chinese (by Jack Shen)
- Danish (by Leif Lodahl)
- Dutch (by Nouws Cor)
- French (by Sophie Gautier)
- German (by Jens Binfet)
- Japanese (by Takaya Kubota)
- Russian (help only, by Basil Shubin)
- Serbian (both Cyrillic and Latin, by Goran Rakic)
Please keep in mind that this is an early version of this open-source product. The developers have made a good effort to make sure the barcodes are generated according to the specifications, but the product has not yet been extensively tested to verify this. It is recommended to use a barcode reader to verify the generated barcodes yourself before printing them on the packages of a million products.
Seeing how the comments section below is getting a bit overwhelming we have now created forums at UserVoice. Hopefully it will prove to be a more convenient venue of discussion.
Adding new features to this already useful extension can be a good starting point for trying out EuroOffice Extension Creator.
This extension is the product of collaboration between MultiRacio Ltd. (maintainers of EOEC) and Kálman Szalai (KAMI, of the OxygenOffice project).
- Release Description Compatibility Operating Systems License Release notes