Tags: Business Calc Education Spreadsheets
last edited: 2022-12-06
Calculate interest amounts on deposits, loans and line-of-credits. Interest calculated daily and paid monthly.
- Would like to check that their bank/financial institution is charging and/or paying the correct interest;
- Would like to loan/borrow money (or bitcoin‽) between family members and would like a program to calculate interest amounts;
- Have a business and would like to calculate and keep track of debits and credits with debtors and creditors;
- Are teachers/students and are studying mathematics, finance or accounting. Loan/Deposit variation with different repayment/deposit scenarios, such as weekly, fortnightly, 4 weekly or monthly; and
- Would like to see how well LibreOffice Calc can run Microsoft Excel VBA code.
- Only required once: LibreOffice Menu Bar → Tools → Options… → LibreOffice → Security → Macro Security… → Security Level → Medium. OK. OK. Restart LibreOffice.
- Open this LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet template file and when the LibreOffice - Security Warning dialog prompts, click Enable Macros.
- Check the fields in the Range tab.
- Populate the Transactions, Interest Rates Cr and Interest Rates Dr tabs.
- Click Generate Statement button in the Range tab.
- Statement tab will be automatically populated. If requested, a PDF will be created in the same location as the spreadsheet file. Note: If a PDF file with the same name already exists, it will be overwritten.
We hope you find this LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet template useful.