Project management and deadline follow-up with a spreadsheet (TO COME BY END OCT. 2020)
Rating: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
The spreadsheet provides:- a timeline/Gantt chart allowing to follow-up deadlines on multiple time-related resources, with different categories- the definition of milestones which are relevant for each resource, for each class and for the r
The spreadsheet provides:
- a timeline/Gantt chart allowing to follow-up deadlines on multiple time-related resources, with different categories
- the definition of milestones which are relevant for each resource, for each class and for the responsible of each resource
- a semi-automatic notification by email, based on deadlines and the milestones and person involved directly by the resource, the category and in general, depending on the type of deadline/milestone
- the follow-up of the distributed allocation of these resources (e.g. projects, services, ...)
Other characteristics and features:
- definition of responsible people (supervisors, managers involved at different levels, ...) which should be warned of the different deadlines
- definition of the status of the resource
- confidentiality-prone. Since data may be sensitive (in the GDPR sense), the spreadsheet's features limit as much as possible the use of personal data, which is possible optionally
- timeline granularity in the template is a fortnight/half a month. Can be changed with a reasonable effort to other granularities, such as monthly or weekly, up to daily
- scaling of number of resources (automatic changes in ranges, formulas, conditions, etc.)
- Ref. dropdown list: clean the resource type names
Identified possible enhancement features
"Expert system" proposing renewals: based on a ideal mix of types of resources targeted per service, with constraints (to be added to the extension), provide on time renewal proposals, according to different time scenarios (simulations).
The initial intended main use of the extension is to track personnel contracts of different types, which are linked to different durations, deadlines, milestones (linked to renewals).
With some adaptation, the extension can be used partially (excluding some of the worksheets, which are used roughly as "modules") according to needs. This could apply to the management and follow-up of material resources (shared or not), project management, planning of activities, releases, etc.
Collaboration and disclaimer
The extension is provided with no warranty.
- identify issues
- fix issues
- improve features
- add features
to the extension are weicome.