Tags: Base Database Templates
This is a database template for tracking submissions. It is designed for writers who submit to magazines or book publishers, though it could be adapted for other types of submissions.
This database template is designed for writers who submit to magazines or book publishers, though it could be adapted for other types of submissions. It is free to use, modify, and distribute.
The database contains three main tables:
- Places: for listing magazines, book publishers, contests, etc.
- Submissions: for cross-referencing Places & Titles submitted by date, with response, date and comment
- Titles: for listing information about each title Each Place and Title record has a unique ID that is cross-referenced with each Submission.
- FindSubmission: allows editing of submissions and searching by title, place, and dates
- NewSubmission: allows entry of new submissions only
- Places: allows entry of Place information and displays submissions by each place
- Titles: allows entry of Title information and displays submissions by each title
- Submissions_Accepted – lists all submissions “Accepted”
- Submissions_In – lists “Available” titles not currently “Out” in any submission
- Submissions_Out – lists all submissions that are “Out”
- viewPlaces_by_Type-SubMethod – lists places sorted by type and submission method, omitting inactive places
- viewTitles_by_Collection – lists titles sorted by Collection, omitting titles not in a collection
- viewTitles_by_Mode-Kind-Genre – lists titles sorted by Mode, Kind, and then Genre
Release: 1.0 – First working release of SubTracker database
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, macOS
First full working release with readme file.
The Zip archive contains SubTracker.odb and Readme.txt files.
It has been tested for LIbreOffice and OpenOffice on Mac, and should also work on Windows and Linux in OpenOffice or LibreOffice.